2. College and Hometown?
Currently on the 12 year plan at University of Houston. I will claim Houston as my home town since I have lived here longer than anywhere else. I grew up in Mesquite, TX and West Columbia, TX.
3. How did you find out about AllSport?
Upon my return from a year and a half in NYC, I heard through Susie’s grapevine that the Tannery’s were opening their own box and was excited to give it a try. I needed something closer to home and big enough to bring the baby and sit her on the sidelines when necessary. Now we have our own little 9:15 family and I can’t imagine not being a part of it!
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit?
It never gets boring or old. There is so much room for improvement and a chance to get your ass kicked every day. I hate wasting my time at the gym so Allsport CF is perfect. The simplest looking WOD can turn very hairy, keeps me guessing!
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement?
Faves – Anything with deadlifts, slam balls or kettlebell swings and I love our obstacle course WODs (monkey rings!). Least Fave- Karen or any WOD with a lot of running (Eastside Lap SUCKS) OR that God awful 5/ 500 meter rows. I can say with certainty pull-ups will be a least fave movement right after pregnancy.
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently?
Pre prego, I always tried to catch Suzanne’s times or weights and will be making that a goal post pregnancy. It’s always fun competing with my bff Megan and the rest of my mom crew in the Moms and Cops class.
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single?
Going strong since 2002, married since St. Patrick’s Day 2007… Vegas Baby! We have an amazing daughter, Joycie, who is 2.5 and expecting a little girl, Myer Grace, in early July… or late June if she cooperates.
8. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs, hands down. Cats are freaking creepy and I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night with one in my house (no offense).
9. How long have you been at AllSport?
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc?
Pre pregnancy, I was consistently going up a couple of lbs on nearly all of the big lifts and getting better at stringing double unders! I am pretty proud of a 3 rep, 195 lb deadlift and know that I will be well above 200 in 2015. I like being able to eat a lot and maintain my normal weight too!
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be? Kettlebell
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo? Definitely Mexican and Margarita Paleo, more like Burger and Beer Paleo though. I am very bad at depriving myself of anything.
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up? It took just at a year to get my first pull up. I will see the muscle-up one of these days!
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why?
Moms and Cops 9:15 am, occasionally 7:15 am. That’s when the kiddo is at Mothers Day Out so it’s mommy time.
15. What movement(s) are you best at? Why?
This is a tough one, there is so much room for improvement on everything. I enjoy and hope that I am good at push press, deadlifts and kettlebell swings.
16. What movement(s) are you worst at? What are you doing to get better at them?
Snatches, practice practice practice! Well once I can keep the bar close again…
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis?
Beach and Sand always!
18. Three times a week or Unlimited?
Unlimited, but typically only get in 3 times per week.
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better _____________? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…)
Mom!! 100%! Keeping up with a toddler is no joke and I refuse to be a sedentary parent. Being active is SO important and I hope to instill that in my girls… they will never think of it as exercise. It will just be a way of life.
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD)
Strength – 5 x 3 Deadlift
Buy in – Get across Monkey Rings
21 – 15 – 9 Deadlifts (again), Shoulder to Overhead, Slamballs
Cash Out – Get across Monkey Rings