1. Name? Arturo Padron-Mesquiti
2. College and Hometown and Profession? Mechanical Engineer from Monterrey, Mexico. I’ve been living here in Houston for 2 years and I’m Sales Executive and Customer Service Manager at Ternium (Steel Company)
3. How did you find out about AllSport? A coworker recommended me that place since July 2013 and since then I’ve been going to Allsport. I began as a 3 times a week and now I’m unlimited (which is pretty awesome!)
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit? The everyday we have different things to do, I love the variety of WODS and the technique that I have learn and have helped me to avoid injuries.
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement? I have a few favorite movements (box jumps, bench press, power cleans, hang power cleans and double-unders. The movements that I hate are over head squats and thrusters.
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently? Right now, the only battle that I have is to row 500 m under 1:45 mins… I compare myself everytime that I have to do a RM also….
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single? Single and ready to mingle LOL…
8. Cats or Dogs? Dogs, Definitely!
9. How long have you been at AllSport? Since July 2013
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc? For me I think both (strenght gain and weight loss), I’ve realizing changes in my body in a very good way and also I’m stronger than I used to be 4 months ago. I can say that month over month I’ve been noticing a lot of changes and improvement in all my movements.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be? I would say a 30 lbs slamball
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo? Hey! This is a tricky question…I’m mexican I cannot avoid mexican food….but to be honest, since I began doing crossfit I changed a lot my alimentation and trying to do a healthy diet… but still I cannot avoid mexican food, specially Margaritas! LOL
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up? Pull-up I will say a year =( shame on me! LOL, I’m still working on those!)
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why? I always go at 7 pm, sometimes I can go at 6pm, and this because of work. I go to work from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, so I can only make it at 7 pm… sometimes I can leave early from work and I go at 6pm class…
15. What movement(s) are you best at? Why? I would say box jumps, KB swings and Slam balls
16. What movement(s) are you worst at? What are you doing to get better at them? HSPU I cannot have one, lately I’ve trying and pushing myself to work on those, I hope I can get at least one soon.
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis? Beach and Sand
18. Three times a week or Unlimited? Unlimited
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better Athlete (I also play volleyball, so it had helped me to improve my jumps and the power to hit the ball when I spike it).? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…)
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD)
Will be something like
Try to get you MAX REP
WOD: Cray Cray Art!