2. College and Hometown and Profession?
Auburn University. I’m a military brat, so I never really had a hometown. Biochemical engineer that does chemical processing consulting for Nalco Champion.
3. How did you find out about AllSport?
When I moved to Houston, I had recently got into CrossFit. First thing I did was google “closest CrossFit gym” and I found AllSport.
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit?
The competitive nature of it. Whether it’s competing against a previous time, a previous rep count, or the guy next to you, you have something to push your workout to the next level.
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement?
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2- and 1 rep rounds for time of:
Clean ¾ bodyweight
Deadlift 1 ½ bodyweight
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently?
Jeff Gahan. I work with Jeff so I end up spending a lot of time with him. Perfect nemesis to talk trash with.
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single?
8. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs! Have two Boxers and a German short-haired pointer back at home. Plan on buying a chocolate lab as soon as I have my own backyard.
9. How long have you been at AllSport?
Around three months or so
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc?
Definitely have seen my squat go up. Cardio and legs have been my best gains since joining AllSport.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be?
Barbell! I’d figure something out to use for weights
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo?
Mexican and Beer Kind of Paleo
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up?
It took me about a day of practicing. I do pull-ups everyday so I think that helped.
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why?
Usually attend the 5 o’clock class. I get off work at 4, so it is the first class I can make.
15. What movement(s) are you best at? Why?
Deadlift and Bench I would say. I grew up working out in my basement and at football practice. It was probably the two most common lifts I did.
16. What movement(s) are you worst at? What are you doing to get better at them?
HSPU. I had never done them until I came to AllSport. I try and do at least 10 after each time I CrossFit.
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis?
Beach and Sand and a full cooler
18. Three times a week or Unlimited?
Unlimited. I don’t get in as much as I like because of work however. 3X a week is usually all I ever make it in
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better __Employee___? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…)
CrossFit is my stress release so I am happier at work
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD)
5X5 Back Squat
15 minute AMRAP
5 clean and squats
7 box jumps