AllSport CrossFit 20 Questions
2. College and Hometown and Occupation?
Washington State University (Go Cougs!), from West Linn Oregon.
I am a physician assistant in orthopedic surgery
3. How did you find out about AllSport?
Two of my best friends go to Diablo Crossfit in Northern California and had been trying to convince me for years to try out crossfit. I finally gave in and googled the closest place with the best prices, and now I am here!
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit?
The wonderfully social atmosphere! Everyone is so nice and supportive. If it wasn’t for the people here, I would have quit within my first month. I also love the variety. Every day is different which keeps me interested.
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement?
I like any WOD with double unders, snatches, or clean and jerks
Kalsu = WORST WOD EVER. I feel like I death almost every day at crossfit, but that WOD absolutely crushed my mind, body and spirit. I was traumatized for weeks.
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently?
Gosh…everyone? Depends on the WOD. I would say I often measure myself against Jen H, Christina K or Brandy J, even though they always destroy me. Christina and Brandy are amazing at anything cardio. They are strong and so freaking fast!! And then Jenn is just an all around badass, so I try to keep up with her even though I never can.
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single?
8. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs. No question!
9. How long have you been at AllSport?
A little over 1 year
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc?
Everything. I have lost 15-20 pounds since starting and have gotten much stronger. My back squat is about 100 pounds heavier than it was when I started. I still have weight to lose (damn you, carbs!) and a ton of things to improve on, but at least I am headed in the right direction.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be?
Does it have to be work out equipment? Or can I bring an ice cream maker?
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo?
Mexican and Margaritas for sure. I tried strict paleo for a week and couldn’t handle it. I love carbs way too much to give them up. But that is why I work out, right? So I can eat all the carbs I want?? That’s at least what I tell myself
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up?
11 months for my first kipping pull-up! Took me much longer than it should have, but I finally got it and it was the most exciting day EVER. Still waiting on those muscle ups…if it happens, it will probably be another year or 2.
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why?
I try to go to the 5pm class whenever possible. I have gotten to know a lot of the 5pm regulars, so I feel left out when I cannot go! But, my work schedule is inconsistent so I sometimes go the 6 or 7pm classes (and the people at those classes are great, too!)
15. What movement(s) are you best with? Why?
Probably back squat and rowing. Not sure why I am good at back squat. But as for rowing, I am because I am tall and I rowed on the freshman team for 4 months at WSU (but quit because spending every day on those rowing machines was awful!)
16. What movement(s) are you worst with? What are you doing to get better at them?
Anything upper body- bench press, strict press, strict pull-ups, etc. Now that I kind of have kipping pull-ups, I am starting to work on the strict pull-ups by going back to the bands. Hopefully I will get there someday!
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis?
BOTH. Being from Oregon, I grew up skiing and love the snow. But who can resist hanging out on the beach with a margarita in hand?
18. Three times a week or Unlimited?
Unlimited. I made the jump from 3x/week to unlimited about 4 months into CrossFit and am so glad I did.
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better _____________? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…)
Team player (sorry, I am copying Curran on this one). I love the support we give each other at ASCF. Even though it can sometimes be competitive, I feel that we all generally care about one another and want to see everyone do well. I wish I could say I cheer people on all the time, but usually I am one of the last ones to finish so I am not able to be a cheerleader!
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD)
Strength: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 snatch
Buy in 100 double unders
5 rounds for time:
3 power cleans (135/95)
6 overhead squats (135/95)
9 wall balls (20/14)
12 jumping lunges