2. College and Hometown and Profession? Texas Woman’s University, Hometown: Santa Rosa, Ca (Got here as fast as I could) Profession: Pediatric RN
3. How did you find out about AllSport? Tried crossfit at another box, fell in love with it but they were waay too expensive so Brittany and I looked for other boxes, and found Allsport! We have been going ever since!
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit? You always leave with your @$$ handed to you on a silver platter, even if you scale it. And the camaraderie, I have met some really wonderful people.
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement? Favorite WOD: Tie between Fran and Fight gone bad. For fran: I feel like it really measures how much I have improved; and for FGB: love how many different movements there are, just as you are about to say screw this, you are on to the next thing. Least favorite WOD/Movement: ANYTHING WITH WALL BALLS! Im short, wallballs are not made for short people.
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently? I go against everyone, if I see someone ahead of me or catching up to me I try and speed up. But love working out with Brittany M or Jess M, they always push me to do more weight!
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single? Single and ready to mingle.
8. Cats or Dogs? Dogs all the way! If you know anything about me you know that I am always talking about my dogs in Cali.
9. How long have you been at AllSport? This October will be 2 years, holy cow time has flown by!
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc? I have gained a lot of upper body strength, it always amazes me how much I can lift above my head. When I used to work with the adult patients I used to get a laugh out of them telling me I was too little to move them, then I would move them and they would say “you’re pretty strong for a little lady” and I would reply “I work out! (in the LMFAO voice)”
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be? Barbell and some plates
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo? Fajitas and ritas FOR SURE!
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up? Probably close to a year, still dont have it mastered, but I can do one!
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why? You will find me at all of the classes. If I work (night shift) then you will find me at the 9:15 class, before night shift it was the noon class (loved that class and miss it dearly), and then if I am off you’ll find me at the 5pm class.
15. What movement(s) are you best at? Why? Laying on the ground after the WOD, complaining about how horrible the WOD was! Besides that I would say overhead squat; I can really see the improvement I have made. I used to have trouble with a 15 pound bar, now I can actually do some weight on the bar.
16. What movement(s) are you worst at? What are you doing to get better at them? Strict press, I hate that I can’t dip and drive!
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis? Beach and Sand all the way! Nothing like being a beach bum, and the only worry on your mind is when you are going to fit in a WOD.
18. Three times a week or Unlimited? Would love to be unlimited, but working 12 hours doesn’t allow for unlimited.
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better _____________? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…) Crossfit has helped me be a better grocery carrier. I live on the 3rd floor, and I’ll be damned if I have to go back to my car. I make a WOD out of it. One rep max of groceries up 3 flights of stairs.
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD) Awe, hell… thats what I pay you guys for! But I have to say, last time I was wine tasting at home we came up with a good one:
WOD = Wine of the Day
Strength: Make it to wine country as fast as possible and hydrate
WOD: “Alexander Valley Reds”
4 Pinot Noir
4×4 Chocolate port with chocolate pieces that complement