AllSport CrossFit 20 Questions
1. Name? Susanne Cenatiempo
2. Occupation, College and Hometown? Marketing Coordinator, University of Houston and Katrineholm, Sweden
3. How did you find out about AllSport? Susie and David Tannery
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit? It’s always challenging and ever changing. The people are awesome too.
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement? I don’t think I have a favorite WOD, but I do like some movements more than others like double unders, cleans and wall balls. Least favorite movement is burpees (hands down) and as a result I really hate it when I see any number of burpess for time on the board.
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently? Ha ha, anyone really, but in a good way. I just try to first of all outdo myself, but I do get a little extra satisfaction when I finish a WOD before my hubby.
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single? Coming up on 9 years of marriage. We have a daughter who will be 5 in July.
8. Cats or Dogs? Dogs
9. How long have you been at AllSport? 9 months
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc? I’ve lost about 2 dress sizes since starting with Allsport, and gotten so much stronger than I ever thought I’d be in my late 30′s. CrossFit has gotten me to try things I would have never dreamed of trying before CrossFit, like flipping a 500# tractor tire!!
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be? Jumprope
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo? Paleo with some hell raising cheat days.
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up? Any tips? It took me 8.5 mos to get my first unassisted pull-up. And the feeling of getting RX’d next to my single 1 was pretty awesome! Only advice I can give is try and try again. Dont’ give up and you are capable of so much more than you think.
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why? 5:15am (don’t believe any of the coaches’ stories about this class ). This is the only time I can fit it in my schedule. Plus I really like the 5:15 crew, especially my Early Girlies.
15. What movement(s) are you best with? Why? Double unders. I played tennis on a professional level at one point and jump rope is just as essential to tennis players as it is to boxers, so I’ve had lots of practice.
16. What movement(s) are you worst with? What are you doing to get better at them? Running and anything involving hanging from rings or a bar (think toes to bar/rings, pullups etc). To get better I just try to get one more rep than last time, or run just 10 sec faster than last time. I need to just hit the trail and go for runs more, but time just isn’t on my side.
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis? Tough choice, love skiing but water is pretty awesome too.
18. Three times a week or Unlimited? Unlimited
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better _____________? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…) Person altogether. I’m happier, healthier, fitter and more patient.
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD)
Buy in – 100 double unders, then
10 pull ups
20 wall balls
10 box jumps
20 KB Swings
Buy out – 400 m run