2. College and Hometown and Profession?
From Houston, Tx. Texas Tech (Wreck ’em!) Land Analyst at Marathon Oil.
3. How did you find out about AllSport?
I had surgery and couldn’t work out for a while. When I got healthy, I wanted to try something different than the globo gym routine I had been doing in the past. I decided to give CrossFit a try and saw that AllSport was the closest box to my house. Came in one day and never looked back.
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit?
The intensity of the WODs. You have to earn it every day.
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement?
Favorite WOD: Short AMRAP with a heavy barbell and no running.
Least Favorite: Absolutely hate thrusters.
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently?
I’d say I battle myself everyday. Don’t get me wrong, I played sports all my life and I love competition but CrossFit is not a sport for me. It’s about me trying to be a better me and I believe that you’ll never be who you want to be if you’re always comparing yourself to others. Not to get all philosophical on ya’ll or anything…….
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single?
Engaged. Wedding’s at the end of October.
8. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs. I have 3 dogs. Plus, I can’t respect an animal that poops inside.
9. How long have you been at AllSport?
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc?
Strength/muscle gain. When I started I was tall and skinny and I didn’t have a lot of experience with barbells. I’ve put on about 15 pounds and it’s cool to see where my strength numbers were when I started and where I am now.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be?
A barbell and plates for sure.
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo?
What’s Paleo? I thought if you CrossFit you can eat whatever you want……
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up?
I had a few strict pull ups when I started, still working on getting the kip rhythm down. No muscle up yet.
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why?
5:15 am. It’s a great way to start the day and it leaves my afternoons open for other things.
15. What movement(s) are you best at? Why?
Squats (front/back). I’ve spent a lot of time on both because I have set specific goals for myself and the strength translates to so many other movements.
16. What movement(s) are you worst at? What are you doing to get better at them?
Pull ups and double unders. I have started to incorporate strict pull ups and double unders as part of my cool down after WODs.
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis?
Beach and Sand hands down.
18. Three times a week or Unlimited?
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better _____________? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…)
Person. You learn a lot about yourself and what you’re capable of (mentally and physically) during a grueling WOD. It’s a great stress relief too.
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD)
Back Squat 3×5
Strict Press 3×5
10 min AMRAP
5 Power Cleans (155/95)
10 Slamballs (30+/20+)
15 hand release push ups
Cooler full of ice and beer.